Tuesday, March 6, 2007

ARTificial

For "Trishawna the runner" Milan is a horrible place. There are no parks or green spaces to speak of, when I run I have to stare at the concrete instead of ahead to avoid the dog crapola, and the pollution is so bad that I see many of the occasional cyclists wearing masks (making me wonder about about the safety of my own lungs). All this cumulates to make me miss my Portland a lot, especially considering I had the most amazing running trails out my backdoor and gorgeous day hikes less than 20 minutes outside the city.
The other day I found my favorite spot in Milan. It's this bridge that's painted the most brilliant shade of green. As I crossed I stopped and took in the moment. Milan, you may not have any green grass, but atleast you have this. I'll take what I can get. (This weekend I'm going to Switzerland!)

2 comments:

equincy said...

Beautiful scenery--one of the first sights I want to see when we come to Milan--You'll have to get a picture of mom and dad with this. papagrafitio

Christina said...

TQ--I am so glad to know that you have a blog. I am loving your posts. I don't know what i would do if I couldn't look at plants as I went.