Wednesday, March 14, 2007

School of Skulls

Today I received the following compliment: "You have a very nicely- shaped head." This is the 2nd time I have received this compliment, the other time being about a month ago when my friends Sybille, Maria, and I were talking at a bar. Sybille complimented me on my skull. She had been drinking so I thought maybe it came out wrong, so I turned to Maria tell her it was the oddest compliment I had ever received. Instead Maria agreed with Sybille that having a nicely-shaped skull is very important. At this point I felt like an ancient measure of beauty had been kept secret from me. Maria went on to say that if you look at Hollywood actors, they all have nicely-shaped heads. You won't find a flat-headed person in the bunch. So thank you, Mom and Dad, for this nicely-shaped skull.

Another note: Maria is the queen of quirky compliments. She has also told me that I have "very organized toes." She loves birthmarks...she finds beauty in the most unconventional places. I appreciate this.

2 comments:

equincy said...

Do you think it might be possible that design geniuses might be a little weird? Just a thought. Papaweirdio.

equincy said...

You are welcome! Love--Mom