Wednesday, July 18, 2007

go hard or go home

Newman Grove volleyball team slogan 1994?? or 1995?? I remember the t-shirts with block letters on the back saying "GO HARD OR GO HOME." This statement has been going through my mind this morning.
I didn't adopt it then, but it seems to fit my life right now. As I type I am on the longest no-sleep stretch of my life. It's currently Wednesday at 7pm. I haven't slept since Monday at 9 am. The last 24 hours have been sans caffeine, fearing a jolt would make me crash before this morning's presentation.
---
I wrote that yesterday. All in all, I was up 60 hours straight, unless you count the 3 minute naps I took during other people's powerpoint presentations.
More soon...

7 comments:

jared said...

holy smokes! ive been up something like 44 hours straight before. but 60?!

you get the Spirit Award TQ.

impressive.

equincy said...

You are a gunner and we are proud of you! Love--Mom----- And do you have time to talk now?

joel, maggie said...

Now you're ready for parenthood!

aen said...

interesting...that motto seems to fit my life currently, but in a completely different way...

D said...

Now you're ready for surgery internship!

(ps - i passed my board exam)

ruthie said...

why are you blogging instead of sleeping? that's my question.

joel, maggie said...

Now you're ready for _____________ (fill in the blank). That seems to be the popular response to your blog entry. I've actually only stayed up 24 hours one time, and I slept the entire next day. I promise you will never have to stay up with a baby for 60 hours. I just have a flare for the dramatic. In fact, my baby is down for her 3 hour afternoon nap, and I think I'll go eat a fudge pop and sit on the cough for a while.

Miss you.