Saturday, February 24, 2007

I found them

I have never met another Trishawna in my life. When I meet someone one and they say, “Trishawna…I’ve never met anyone with that name before,” I say, “Me neither.”
Oh, there was that close call one time in Texas at a gas station. I stayed outside to pump gas while my friends went inside. When I entered Melissa said, “Did you see that other Trishawna?”
“What? Another Trishawna? No! Where? WHERE?”
“Well, I was standing here, and a guy said your name, and I turned around and it turned out he was talking to his little sister.”
I looked around for the two she described, but there was no sign of them. All my life I have wanted to meet another Trishawna, and I missed my chance. I didn't even get a glimpse.
The other day was had a lecture on internet tools, and as I sat there I began to think about googling my name…mostly because I hadn’t done it in awhile. I wanted to see whether my blog would appear.
Later that night I googled “Trishawna” and I am proud to say that “Teeks Goes to Italy” was the top search pick. (That means that it is the most popular site containing the name Trishawna according to Google’s methods of ranking.)
I also found the answer to the fulfillment of my dream. Right there in front of me were links to other Trishawnas' myspace pages.
So naturally I asked them to be my myspace friends. (Hey, meetlng them virtually is better than not meeting them at all.) Both have accepted. One is from California and goes by Trish, and the other is from Abilene, Texas, and uses her full name. (One interesting note is that I almost went to college in Abilene. Two Trishawnas in the same city! Can you imagine?)
Just goes to show you that dreams do come true.

6 comments:

equincy said...

Very good Yank. I guess, though it's time to tell you your real name isn't Trishawna, it's just a nickname I gave you when you were little and it kind of stuck. Your real name is Harriet. Love--papapasto.

aen said...

now if you could only find billy, your life would be complete.

equincy said...

Trishawna, do they really spell it the same too?! We have quite a list of trial spellings in your babybook! Love---Mom

TQ said...

Yes, I only befriended Trishawna's with the same spelling as me.

Trishawna Robinson said...

my name is trishawna too. do u know the meaning of the name?

Trishawna Robinson said...

my name is trishawna too but wonder what the name means.