Friday, February 23, 2007

Writing on the Wall

From an e-mail to Jessica just after I arrived in Milan:
"First impression of Milan: feels like Brussels, a lot like Brussels,
there's grafitti everywhere but it's better designed than in the
States."
Here are some examples of that well-designed grafitti, Jessi.




I see that girl character a lot of places.


Note the pupils of the Monster. Yes, folks, that's li'l Webster.

Before:


After:

Since the miniature horses of Portland are one of my favorite things about my former city, I'm not surprised that my favorite things about Milan are the Grafitti Penguins. I thank the artist who does this. It make me smile.

2 comments:

equincy said...

So fun to meet your roommates! Fun to see little details about the streets of Milan! Love---Mom---Oh,we are having rain turned to heavy snow today in Nebraska!

Anonymous said...

Well said.