Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hoping for Brilliance

"I want you to be my love" by Over the Rhine playing in my earbuds.
Old favorite calms me after a rough day.
I'm listening on repeat as I type.

Friday our first projects were assigned. Group projects...groups of 7. The only thing good about groups of 7 is that 7 is a good digit in and of itself. Also a part of the group dynamics equation is cultural diversity:
2 Koreans
+1 Chinese
+1 Turk
+1 Brit
+2 Americans
(x 2 who prefer Italian to English)
= my group
Something is lost in translation everyday...including important things like when the next group meeting will take place.
The project itself asks us to take from each of our own cultural experiences and create a collection that represents us as a group. Depending on how we execute, our end result will be desperately confused or hightly brilliant.

No comments: