Monday, August 27, 2007

I had the time of my life

Somehow the movie "Dirty Dancing" (circa 1987) became the theme for my summer 2007.
I did not plan this, the events just began to unfold.
July 2, 2007: "Will you Still Love me Tomorrow" by the Shirelles is chosen by Pete for our Americana bash playlist. This invokes in me a craving for 60's dance music.
July 4: I carried the watermelon...home from the supermarket to the Americana Bash.

July 5: Late night computer work + 60s dance fever causes me to download the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack from Itunes.
Later on July 5: My curiosity about Patrick Swayze's single "She's Like the Wind" leads me to an unplanned YouTube break. The first line of this song is "She's like the wind, through my tree..." I know the video must be fine entertainment.

Further "research" leads me to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ShNpH1Fj4 (sorry, it couldn't be embedded)
porcelain dolls + lighting + Swayze = Best video on YouTube
August 15: While in Ephesus, Turkey, I meet a dancer and a singer who are currently in the cast of the stage show "Dirty Dancing" in London. Coincidence? I think not.
August 26: While participating in all-area-bike ride in Switzerland I pass a karaoke group singing "I Had the Time of my Life." The song invigorates me...I cycle on...

3 comments:

aen said...

nobody puts baby in a corner. just don't pick up baby's moves.

equincy said...

Do they have seedless watermelons in Italy? Love---Mom!

ruthie said...

my family was sitting around the table the other night when Mary posed the question, "if you could invite anyone to dinner with us, dead or alive, who would it be?" Sarah said Mother Teresa, dad said Abraham Lincoln and I said Trishawna.